Sunday, October 20, 2013

SOAP REVIEW: Kirk's Coco Castile

Yesterday, I made a quick run to
the local grocery store to pick up three things; toilet paper, soap, and coffee creamer.  I'm one of those women who can't even look at a bar of Zest or Irish Spring, so I have to use more natural soaps.  This usually means the bars of glycerin, but the bargainista in me wouldn't allow me to shell out over 4 dollars for a single bar of soap.  So, I was pretty happy when I saw this bar of Kirks for a little over a dollar.

I've been doing some research in preparation of making my own soap, and I've heard a lot of good things about this brand.  I was under the impression that the term Castile implied 100% olive oil, but I guess it's become more of a general term.  Pretty much any soap can be Castile ( depending on who you ask) as long as it's made of an oil, as opposed to oil and butter like other soaps.


So, I noticed that this soap is made from coconut soap, glycerin, water, oil, and natural fragrance.  I also know that any soap made with coconut oil is going to lather like nobodies business, so I couldn't wait to give it a try.


Although it did lather like nobodies business, the soap completely dried my skin.  Not only did it leave my skin dry, but it's making me itch it's so dry.  Now that I think about it, I do remember someone saying that CN did have a tendency to be drying, but Kirk's states on the front of the bar "...no drying residue"  Sorry Kirk, but my skin says otherwise.

Grade: ♥♡♡♡♡  ( for awesome lathering)


No comments:

Post a Comment